Thursday, June 17, 2010

2010 June 6 ODA Mt KK Expedition

By : Lim Kwee Hoon
Never expect that I will be standing on top of South East Asia Peak again, if not because of ODAs keep on insist and believe that I will be part of the team on this expedition, especially Trip Leader Fu Yaw and Siew Ting who always make sure my name is in the trip planning, update with me on every single occurrence for the past 6 months, I am very sure my part will be just hearing the joys from them after trip rather
than touching the Summit along with them.
4th time to Mt Kinabalu, Magnificent View awaiting, Thin Air Challenge, Cold Weather Shivering, Nearly Torn Out Knee, walk like Penguin after trip are part of Mt Kinabalu Rewards and Endurance.
The key that unlock my gateway to Mt KK is mainly because of there is a person name Lim Kwee Kiat is in the participant's list, who refuse to withdrawn himself from this expedition even though after many months of efforts in order to defeat his confident by saying that It's is mission "ImPossible" for him. In return, he tells me that he is "I'm Possible"!!! For him, I truly salute his determination, he has greater determination that anyone else I known so far, or else he would not able 100% fully recovered from his sudden critical physical illness condition back then in 2008 and Reached South East Asia Highest Peak as any other healthy person.

25 steps before we touched the steel plate, my tears drop. The tears wasn't about I'm almost reaching Low's Peak, reaching or not reaching Low's Peak actually is not my main mission to Sabah. The tears was the release of tension, and unbelievable feeling that I actually witnessing 2nd brother is on top of South East Asia Highest Peak and we made it to the top together!!!! 
It is ironic that being as ODA adviser, I refuse to bring my own brother to this mountain. But after the trip, I am glad that We Made it to Low's Peak together. If without the INSISTS from Fu Yaw and the rest of the ODA, the support they have given to me during the whole trip, I don't think I have the courage to once again step on Low's Peak along with my own brother. 

Days prior to this expedition, PST had taken out all the raincoats she has collected for years and she tells me that she still having ~~Nightmare~~ on 2007 ODA Mt KK expedition and She rather bring more than enough better than being sorry if the weather turns bad... An ODA who been to more than 70 expedition within 5 years, attempted Mt KK before is afraid of bad weather.... PLUS, She is worried on a few members who refuse to follow ODA's advise to conduct any serious training  prior trip might have difficulty to reach the Peak along with the rest of the members .For amateur hiker, maybe they will think that Mt KK is an easy mountain, refuse to have proper preparation and refuse to being serious and being responsible for themselves and others. For Professional Hiker, they know that "For Every Success Expedition, Proper Preparation is the KEY to complete a Successful Expedition. For 2010 ODA Mt KK members who successfully witnessed/touched Low's Peak Steel Plate, knows that the pre Mt KK training and proper preparation efforts have payoff well ~~~ Congrats to each of you!!!!
It would be PERFECT if 24 out of 24 members successfully complete the mission together with the good weather condition. For our members who witness Low's Peak via others photo only, I hope and wish someday, somehow you will get to see the real Low's Peak by your own eyes and always remember, TRAINING and PREPARATION are the key for everything you wish to achieve in your life.
2010 June ODA Mt. KK Expedition has Extra-Ordinary Meaning to me compare to previous Mt KK trip. Finally after 3 years, we have returned and able to complete the whole expedition in good condition. The wish I've made 3 years ago at Laban Rata had comes true, which someday somehow  
"ODA Banner will Rise at South East Asia Highest Peak"
It is a trip with different combination :-
Prudential Life Insurance, Team AN1 + Youth Malaysia Movement + Outdoor Discovery Adventure + Members
24 of us with different background, different history but we have SHARED ONE Common Goal. 
We Made It !!!!

No comments: