Thursday, June 17, 2010

2010 June 4th Mount Kinabalu

Never know that I would be there somedays... when I am still in secondary school, I heard my friends say about the beauty of Mount Kinabalu. Until after I join ODA, I heard their story of heavy raining non-stop from the day they reach Kinabalu and they are unable to reached Low's Peak due o bad weather. Until today I had been back from Mount Kinabalu, when see back the photo, I still not quite believe that I had been there and view the beauty of this highest mountain in Malaysia.

Before the trip, feel quite excited and waiting for the reach of the trip. My friends keep on telling me the beauty of Mt Kinabalu, I can see what at there, what I must try, need to bring what... My grandma also worry about me, when I am going to Liang East Liang West trip, she thoughts I am going to Mt Kinabalu, ask me why didn't bring more shirts... When the trip is comings, being very tension. When packing things, don't know what shirts should bring, suitable or not... Wrapping all the things with 3 layer of plastic bags cause scared of bad weather, keep on checking trip planning whether got bring all the items, borow hings for hose which I don't have... waiting for the time that ODAs can gather together and also meet Miing Rueng...

This time almost all of ODAs joining the trip except for Gah Gee and Sian Seong. Thanks ODA for giving me this opportunity to join the trip and reach submit together with you all. While hiking up to Laban Rata, really enjoy the time of being together with ODA, hiking together, those jokes, taking care of each others, sharing loads and foods, apple. And also when staying at Rock Hostel, although the time is short, but yet I had charge full battery at that moment. Thanks for all the moment! When hiking behind manager, he didn’t stop much, but just continue walking. When reach shelter, he will check on each AN1 member, send some warm regards, having jokes with them and then continue journey again. He is a very well and good leader with caring heart and strong determination.


We had a very good weather at Gunting Lagadan Hut, blue sky, clear mountain view (sometimes) and also not forget cold weather.

That day midnight, most of us can’t sleep well, waiting for the time to reach. After getting the permit hike to the peak, everyone listen to the guide briefing seriously and then depart. During hiking to the peak, Lao Shi keep check on us whether we got follow or not, how is everyone’s condition and in the mean time she had to keep an eye on manager. Lao Shi, really thanks so much. After reading of Pang’s blog, tears drop because having the same feeling. You are so tired already, but still think of us. And also manager, he just keep on walking, when rest, he standing there rest for awhile only and then continue journey. Admire of his spirit. And on that morning, although we are not able to witness the sunrise, but I think that’s not our target as the most important are WE together reach this beautiful land. And have a fun time on the photo session!

Hereby wish to thanks everyone who had send their regards and also help us pray for good weather prior and during our trip. Also thanks to every Mount Kinabalu members - Yin, Mei, Chong, Luis Tee, Jai Wong, Swee Sing, Weng Kit, Jason, Chu Yee, Boon Ping, Uncle Chia, Aunty, Weina, Wai Leong and Chun Mun. Have a great time with you all at KK. Thanks for joining us and give me a memorable time at KK. Hope we still can meet each other in our future trip.

A thousand thank you to trip leader Fu Yaw who had done a great job either at trip planning, communication before trip, transportation arrangement and many many other things which he had done but we didn't saw it. With your hardwork, everyone of us can go there without worries. And also not forget ODA - Lao Shi, Pang, Miing Rueng, Bee Suan, Jimmy and Monica. Thanks for all the great time! And also Sian Seong for keep checking on for our condition at KK. Although he is not at KK, but his heart is there with us...

At Last, thanks everyone for the great trip. It's a memorable and meaningful trip for me. I had learn and see many good things in this trip. Thanks and see you guys in the coming trip! Wish everybody healthy and always stay happy =P


No comments: