Thursday, May 06, 2010

Gunung Bujang Melaka

Hi guys.. I'm Cheryl / Xue Er and this is my first time with ODA. After harassing Sian Seong for some time, he finally remembered to invite me to join him. So, thX SS. :) I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been scratching myself non stop since Sunday. All because of the 20+ leaches. And you know what i found out? We're not supposed to pull out those leaches by hand because the suckers will break off under our skin. And that's whats causing the irritation! What we should have done is apply some salt to the leach and it will just drop off. My mum said , 'Who's the smart elec who told you that!' Hehe... SS?

I would say this trip was super enjoyable! The first time sleeping in a dome was... couldn't sleep. 1st night : Too hot!! 2nd night : Freezing!! I wish I have that 'off' switch which most guys have to just turn off their brains. Now, cooking is where I had the most fun. Yum Yum :P Especially during the 2nd night where we cooked together with Group 3. Of course, there were some additives like sand (crunchy) and bugs (protein) which contributed to the Yum Yum part.

Oh I forgot to mention about the climbing itself! Well, despite falling twice on my butt, I had a lot of fun challenging myself. But next time I'll remember to wear hiking shoes instead because the Reebok I wore, is in the trash can now... By the way, thanks again to Sian Seong and Chian Ni and Yi Ming who helped me when i fell.

I was really surprised when working adults and students alike who have never met each other, could come together, all with a common interest and help each other throughout the trip. And this is all thanks to ODA! I wonder who was the genius who founded it:) Can't wait for the next trip!!!

Now, feedback done! Can't wait to get my CD :D

4 comments:

Siew Ting said...

Xue Er,

Good to know that your very enjoy with ODA climbing activity!!!

I been heard from SS manytimes, ur very active in college.To participate all kind of activity.This is something very good. You can gained more different experience in you life.To strengthen your mentality, work with diff people...

Keep it up! See u in coming ODA trip ya!!! Take k!

Regards,
Siew Ting

Aladdin_fan said...

Oh wow! Thanks and hope to see you again!:)

sian seong said...

Hi Cheryl,

Good to heard that you enjoyed the trip very much !!

Nice to have you together in this trip !!

See yaa.. =D

Regards,
sianseong

sian seong said...

Hi Cheryl,

Good to heard that you enjoyed the trip very much !!

Nice to have you together in this trip !!

See yaa.. =D

Regards,
sianseong