Friday, May 07, 2010

2010 April 30 - May 2 Bujang Melaka

By Kwee Hoon....
It's been long time didn't have this kind of after trip physical torture, going up and down staircase required more energy, more times and need to really think deeply what else want to take to avoid another round of staircase torture. Haha, but in fact I believe each of us did enjoy the after trip torture and able to have big laugh on ourselves.
It's been a very busy month for everyone especially for some of the ODA, Puffy, Chee Loong, Kenn and Kwang Leong. I would like to express my gratitude to the these 3 ODA Buddy for the whole months helping ODA on all the Pre-Marking trips. Included Bujang Melaka Pre-Marking trip. Without the Pre-Marking trip, I guess maybe our soar leg, muscle pains will last longer than now as we might gone into the wrong direction during the actual expedition.  
Overall, it is a successful trip.
A successful trip organized by ODA - Good Job to each of the ODAs (Siew Ting, Chian Nii, Monica, Fu Yaw, Sian Seong, Bee Suan, Jimmy and Puffy)
A successful trip participated by each of the members with lots of corporation, teamwork and cares of each other. 
For all of the 1st timer, (Weng Kit, Siew Kong, Adrian, Wei Na, Arnold, Puchong 3 Musketeers, Hui Sim, Xue Er, LLM, Pauline, Giah Lin)I wish Bujang Melaka will be the beginning/gateway of your outdoor activity journey, feel proud of yourself of completed the expedition, feel thankful to your teammate for completing it along and most importantly, you know that now onward, you will be doing something abnormal in your life, rain or sunshine are no longer the excuses for stopping you.  The sudden rain prior we reached the campsite has prove that The Determination and Courage hidden underneath will bring us to reach any destination we desired!!!!
For return to hiking activity members(Harry, Siu Kat, Alice, Kwang Leong, Swee Sing, OPY, Jai Wong, Tata, Zhi Hong), It's always good to see you all again. What have driven each of you return to this "torturing" activity? In fact this Bujang Melaka trip is my exact date of 18th Anniversary involving in this activity, sometimes I tend to lose it on finding the meaning and  reason for keep on going. But I never give up this activity. For any new challenges I received in life, for any new chapter I started in life, I know I will be ALRIGHT as long as I hold on to it. Cause I know if I can hold on my hiking passion for so long, I can hold on anything in my life as long as I wanted to. I guess this is the torture of the terrains, the sudden rain, the backpack loads, the cold weather, the hunger, leeches, thorns and the fall in the mountain have taught me to be more determine than before. I hope all the challenges mentioned above, we will take it as a endurance /lessons that shape us to be stronger and being better.
After trip, I talked to Puffy while we're on our way to Cameron Highlands on work duty. I asked her "Would you want to follow to the jungle again after the non stop bleeding incident?" She replied  "make sure you bring the 3 Puchong Physician along, and make sure you thank them well". Seeing Puffy bleeding make me understand the theory of Doctor cannot treat his/her own family. My appreciation to everyone who helped carry Puffy crossed all the difficult terrains - Thank You..... Beside that, I do hope each of us learn from Puffy's spirit as well of "Try It Out", "Proceed, Proceed, Proceed no matter what happen". If Puffy can do it, I can do it as well !!!! 
 Trip has ended for about a week, each of us have back to own world. I hope beside with the desire of wanted to get trip CD, beside want to express our gratitude to others.... Writing in ODA blog is a chance for us to do some self-reflection, self evaluation, self study. Who Am I, What else I can do better, What is my toleration Level, What I've Learn....etc. 
At Camp Lebah, after Group 4 finished cooking.... they've been calling Chian Nii, Chian Nii, Chian Nii to have dinner together. But Chian Nii insisted they go ahead start the dinner without her because Chian Nii is on duty "accompanying" Puffy inside the dome. Group 4 didn't start their dinner until the moment Chian Nii arrived. This incident has amazed me and give me a good lesson. Before trip, Kenn has expressed his worried for being inexperienced as group leader. What I can say is "Good Job Group 4"-- "Good Job" -- Kenn for guiding and leading the whole team on Proper Manners, Good Outdoor Spirit and Teamwork. 
There's an saying in Three Word Chant "养不教,父之过。教不严,师之惰。子不学,非所宜。
幼不学,老何为。玉不琢,不成器。人不学,不知义。为人子,方少时。亲师友,习礼仪." 
Each of the members have addressed me as "Lao Shi"... As Lao Shi, it's my responsibility to make sure I point out some of the "imperfect moment" and some good lesson through outdoor activity. The 3 minutes "Briefing" to Sian Seong's whole group, might be the end of many member's hiking history with ODA. But I do believe the 3 minutes "Briefing" can polish a brand new human being as well. It is depend on each of us take the briefing lesson as "Lao Shi is "teaching" or "scolding"?
A trip with full of leeches, rain, thorn, laughs, blood and memories..... 
Highlights : - 
1) Watermelon at Camp Lebah 
2) Da Lang & Da Ling 
3) Puchong 3 Musketeers
4) Prince Charming
5) Watery Sleeping Bag
6) What animal Wolf fear the most? Answer : Pink Panther ; Why? 
7) Leeches go into my pants 
8) Non-waterproof Camera 
9) Soaking tents 

Thanks to each of the 34 members for the memorable trip......
Wish each of the members : -- Wonderful and Meaningful Life Journey Ahead

No comments: