Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Journey to the Peak of Yong Belar

This morning, Pooi Kuan msged me asking me to send the photos asap to her and send feedback bout this trip to ODA. OK Pooi Kuan, I'll send the photos tonight. And the feedback, I'm doing it now, you see ;P

I arrived early at lao shi's place cuz I curi keluar from office half and hour early (shh...don't tell my boss yea). I showered and repacked my backpack there while seeing siong, fuyaw and jin checking and double-checking and re double checking the equipments, food, backpacks. I'm still amazed that things still missed out after they have been doing so many checkings and packings to confirm. But no worries siong, you still did an awesome job. I remembered I accidentally forgotten about my friend who was in the toilet and I let the bus driver drived off, I only realized it when he called me and waving at me a cross the road. Till now, he never forget to spread this news to anyone and everyone to beware of me.

Nywayz back to the trip, the whole journey was challenging as the weather decided to add some spices to spice it up. It was raining almost throughout the whole trip making the routes very muddy and slippery. Thank God I got a hiking shoes, not wearing slippers. My body was slow to warm up as I got tired really fast in the beginning. I couldn't keep up the pace the team were moving and I was at the back most of the time when we were heading up to Camp Kasut. We were behind the schedule when we reached Camp Kasut and decided to camp there instead of continuing to the Peak because the rain seemed to be too happy to see us there and decided to come down and join in our fun. As night approached, the weather became extremely cold, I had to staye near to the gas to keep myself warm while helping up to cook dinner. I learnt a new recipe: Chicken Salted Fish Fried Rice with Soy Sauce. As I was cooking, I realized that the rice was not salty enough so I put in more salted fish forgetting that they were still raw. Should be alright since I didn't feel stomach pain after eating it. Min Rueng too ok right? *_*

The very next early morning, 5.30am, we woke up after non stop 'Ohaayo! Ohaayo!' Funny that of all the alarm ring tones, I could only remember this. Well, we all got up, and as some of the ODAs stayed behind to take care our belongings and to prepare breakfast, we headed up to the Peak we have been longing to go: Yong Belar Peak. The journey was like a slow motion roller coaster, we were basically going up and down the hills from dark to day break. I can't say what time because I didn't bring my watch. I was very excited when I reached the Peak, the feeling was awesome and my body was screaming to my mind this: We Made It, Hurray!

Honestly, standing on the Peak is not as exciting as reaching back our starting point: Blue Valley. That's because finishing the whole journey knowing that everyone in the team is safe and filled with unforgetable experiences matter most to me. I can't remember much about how the Peak look like unless I see a photo we took there but I do remember how Kap Chai and Chi Long helped me in crossing the huge 'drain' gap (dunno how to describe it), how Andy stopped me from sliding down the slippery stony ground, how Phang patiently leading the way, how Pooi Kuan kept on worrying whether she gave us too many things to carry, how Siong sounded so worried when he saw my lips turned white (I didn't realized that) and many many more...if I were to continue, this blog will not have enough space for others to write dy :P

I really enjoyed the bitter sweet experiences I had in this trip and I'm looking forward to the upcoming trips ODA organizing. You guys ROCKs! See you soon, chaos...^U^

5 comments:

We Are ODA said...

Yo Sara Aka,

Keep on Rocks with Us!!!

You are perform the best of you in Yong Belar trip!!!

Yes, looking forward to see you in ODA upcoming trip...

Thanks for support and joining us...

Siew Ting

jin said...

hehe...thx for supporting oda for long time too~!yea..hope to see u soon..and waiting for ur new japanese shirt..haha..next time bring lipstic go to hiking....haha..

Footprints of Erica said...

next time cook the salted fish fried rice for us... we are free to help u to taste it to see how much you've learn.. haha..

Footprints of Erica said...

hey, i didn't know i have the same blog name as you!!! wat a mere coincidence!!!!!!

MY Life, My Way...

aNDy said...

hey, mun lee.. hope wil always see u in ODA trip ya.. next time make a new recipe fried rice again ya..