Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Meaningful Trip To Gunung Tahan

ODA Gunung Tahan Expedition 2009 was completed !!! Thanks to everyone who supported , and sending their best wishes to ODA . Everyone committees has done well in this G.Tahan Trip. Thanks to ODA advisor , Miss Lim , ODA Seniors , Pang Siew Ting , Yong Miing Rueng and oso Andy Goan Song Choon. They had put a lot of effort on training and guiding juniors so that they will be 100% ready for this Tahan Trip. Hope our performance in this Tahan Trip wont let them disappointed. And, Thanks to Dad and Mum for allowed me to join ODA Tahan Trip although I have to skipped class.

Gunung Tahan…This is the first time I stepped on G.Tahan…a tough and special mountain…It gave me a very special feel..that feel was hard to describe.. In this 8days ,9 of us…was trying to push ourself beyond our limit. Not pushing our physically only , but also our mentality. Although everyone was exhausted , but we still remember to smile, to play and joking with each other. This is the different between ODA and other groups.

I still remember what seniors said , if wan go Tahan…go for Kuala Tahan-Kuala Tahan. U will understand the true meaning of Gunung Tahan Expedition. For me, the most important part of Gunung Tahan not the moment u reached the peak, the most important part was the Process. When every group members helping each other, supporting each other during the toughest moment , this is the moment that I felt unforgettable.

After came back from this expedition, I will like to share my experience and my knowledge with others. Like what lao shi said, ‘Pay It Forward’. Always remember to share the things what seniors taught u with the others.

Still remember on the way back from Camp Puteh to Gunung Rajah, suddenly Pang said , she wanna load somethings from her backpack. But at the moment, non of us volunteer to load her’s item. What lao shi said is correct , is was a SHAME!!! Seniors put a lot of effort on guiding us, but on the way back , non of us volunteer to load her’s item. After that , I keep asking myself…How dare u to let seniors carry a heavy backpack..before trip , they already very tired with guiding us , during trip, u should show your appreciation to them. I wanna say Sorry and thank you to lao shi and ah pang..after this , I realize …we should appreciate Seniors effort no matter how tired you are. Thank you lao shi for 点醒 me…Sorry to Pang, I didn’t volunteer to load your items.
During the preparation for Tahan Expedition , 3 pre-tahan training been conducted to choose Tahan candidates. Fortunately , I am one of the candidates who been chosen to G.Tahan Expedition . During this 3 pre-tahan training , we learnt a lot from senior and tried to pick up all the skills to make sure we are 100% ready for G.Tahan Expedition . For those who didn’t join G.Tahan 2009, don felt sad…put more effort and picking up more skills and make yourself 100% ready for ODA next G.Tahan Trip !!

During the moment i standing at the Highest Peak in Peninsular Malaysia, I think of many person especially ODA seniors. Lao Shi , Pang , Andy , MR and oso a committee who are not very active recently , Gah Gee.

Lao Shi, sacrificed alot for this Tahan Trip. She decided to skip her's father birthday party just to brought us to Gunung Tahan. She also helped me to prepared some letter that I need it urgently and sent it to me. With her and other ODA support , I 鼓起勇气 to asked the permission with my parents again. Finally i get the 'permit' . hahaha...She oso spend alot of time to evaluate every committee whether they are really ready for Tahan Expedition or not. Before the day of discussion, she cant even sleep well because keep on thinking of G.Tahan trip.Even Mr.Vun oso done alot of preparation for ODA before Tahan Trip. We really have to appreciate the effort done by Lao shi and oso Mr.Vun..Thanks !

Pang, one of the senior who taught me the most. As Lao shi said , Pang is the one who taught me the most in ODA. I totally agree with this statement. She taught me alot ...how to do a trip planning, what we need to do in emergency, how to do trip account and many other things that i not listed here...really thanks to her advice and teaching..so that Im qualified to Tahan Trip. Pang is the one who keep guiding us to be stronger and stronger. She will directly correct us when we did a mistake without scolding us. Her's mentality was very strong and she manage to continue hiking although her's leg was injured in the first day, this spirit was the spirit that we should learned from her.


Andy, Gunung Tahan 'cargo'..On the first day , when he wanna carry up his 25kg backpack, he lost his balance and have to 'throw' down his backpack immediately. His action make everyone laugh but think the other way, this mean his backpack are overloaded from the weight that he can carry. Andy was a senior who are very expert in setting up flysheet, even lao shi oso admit that Andy more expert than her in the way to setting up flysheet. Andy are the senior who guide me during pre-tahan training, I learned alot of skills from him and really thanks to him for teaching me.








MR,our 2009 Tahan Trip leader...He put alot of effort on this tahan trip no matter in trip planning, during trip or after trip. He done the longest trip planning I ever seen in these 2years. He was really great !! MR is the one who always sit there quietly and do things. Although he sitting quietly, but his hand non-stop , before our meal, he keep preparing ingredients, foods and after that he become the chief, after become a chief , he started to keep things. After keep things , then he started to collect the next day breakfast from others. He really a multiple task guy!! He oso very good in decision making, before I done something that I not confident, then I will ask for his advice or decision.

Gah Gee...the one who are the first commmittee that guide me. Although she inactive for this few months, but I know she will back to ODA one day. Before trip, we have a short conversation. She asked me whether I done my preparation yet, and asked how about other committee, and she oso asked me to take care ODA lfy , Lao shi ...(Haha,gah gee i did it ya..). On the way to peak , I thinking back these my life with ODA these 2 years...Gah gee are the one who brought Cs, Hw, and me into ODA...but she cant came to Tahan Trip with us..feel abit 遗憾. Anyway, still thanks for her guidance when we are still junior in ODA..!!

Fu yaw, are a responsible person..everytime when he was the first person reached checkpoint or campsite. He will automatically start cooking or setting up tent so that the others who coming will have some food or shelter. After Tahan Trip..Now he got a new name '校长'!! Y we called him as 校长?? because he already becoming more mature..hahaha...He can manage and solve a problem without seniors helped and he manage to lead other members with full responsible. On the way to Peak , and on the way to descend from peak, he really act as a 校长 and know he has the responsibility to lead us so that we can reached Gedong on time. He kept asking yee jin whether the members behind can catch-up or not, to make sure that everyone are walked together and to prevent anyone of us lost in the jungle. He really a great 校长!!!








Huay Woon, a strong mentality and physical girl. She manage to carry a heavy backpack without any complaint. The sentence she used the most in Tahan was '' My backpack still got place'' !! hahaha...before trip, She keep on fight with her's family to get permission to came to this Tahan Trip and finally she get to join us..hopefully she can learned alot and growth after this Tahan trip.



Yee Jin...the one who always speeding for the 8days !! One week before the test, he put alot of effort and used alot of time trying to pick up as much skills as he can, so that he could be ready for Tahan. During trip, He helped us to carry alot of load , so that everyone load can be reduced. He also the one who very talkative, keep make jokes and create topic for us to laugh. During trip, we saw a well performance YYJ , not the dreambaby before trip. He used the skills he learned from senior and helped us on everything. I think , this is what senior expected from you.Hopefully after Tahan Trip , he can maintain his performance and getting better!!



Pooi Kuan... although you are already leave..but Im still thanks for your helped during the 8days in Tahan Trip. You always helped us on cooking and cleaning after our meal. During hiking, although you are slow, but you still can keep on walking , this shows you are a person strong in mentality.Hopefully after ODA 2009 Tahan Trip, you may used the Tahan spirit and make your future life more interesting!! Hope we can meet on ODA Future Trips !!!!



Lastly , ODA Gunung Tahan Expedition 2009 was a memorable , unforgettable , meaningful trip for me and oso ODA .Thanks everyone who send their best wishes to us !!< href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjen2sm_3uT_0Lt9ol8xM7QWFFkEThPLRjjtxBbOFTUjdNAXebog-tuk2qE333dk5LYSDPTKovosZ6Qpwf73pTwDB2zQdwlJ2sQhAvapU9Rt2KNfzaXy7nvz9epHyd9NhBynG-I2VOAgYqB/s1600-h/1_926225955l.jpg">

3 comments:

Siew Ting said...

SsS,

I hope each others had learn something great through TAHAN trip.

Its great to see u had growth a lot in ODA this two years.I still remember at first,i don't really look good on you.But this 2 years, u have prove to me that my perception is wrong...

Well done!!! Whatever i told u,u will be the one who faster to learn it up.

Proud to have you in TAHAN trip and ODA!!! You are the one,i didn't take consideration in TAHAN evaluation.Because i know u will able to handle it well, and assist the rest of members!

Yes,u did it!!!

Keep on rock's in ODA!!!

r,
SiewTing

pooikuan said...

SS, is me to suppose to say thank you. Dont know why i have a feeling that do not like me much, but during the Tahan trip, I believed that i am too sensitive. and thanks for u n ND accompanied me at behind on the last day. =)

Kwee Hoon said...

You have walked a very Long road in ODA: from Xiao Gui, JODA, ODA Xiao Fei Shuo, MIA Comm, Superb SPM Result, Confirm as Smart ODA Comm Status, Undecided Tahan Status, Tahan 2nd Cargo.... till today being as among the member who make me feel PROUD to hike tahan with, till today you are amongst the ODA who make sure ODA is running as usual.... your ODA road been bumpy, but you've make it through.

2009 ODA Tahan - Smooth, Fun, Meaningful, Happy, Unforgettable, Successful.... You have contributed a lot in all that. Thank You very much for having the courage to make the "ON" decision. If you have decided on "OFF", each of our 2009 ODA Tahan story will definitely be different.

A very very high expectation been putting on you, don't feel pressure or tension. Cause the expectation will be fulfilled, i am very confident on that. You will be among the ODA that i tell stories to others when i get old, which my proud face will shown when i talked about you by that time. See Sian Seong, I am very proud of you!!!!