Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gunung Tahan Expedition 2009

Gunung Tahan 2009 had 3 pre-tahan training... Gunung Yong Belar, Gunung Nuang and Gunung Batu Puteh. I'm trying very hard to make sure i can join for all the trip so that I have the chance to go Gunung Tahan. Finally, i'm so fortunate that being selected to join Gunung Tahan Expedition 2009. Gunung Tahan reali a very very different mountain compare with other mountains. It has a lot of different trail and different view. I stil remember that in Gunung Nuang Trip, when lao shi and seniors ask whether want Kuala Tahan- Kuala Tahan or Kuala Tahan- Merapoh...we're so firm to answer them...we want Kuala Tahan- Kuala Tahan.

This Tahan Trip reali a very meaningful trip for me. I'm leaving to Malacca to study. And the first week is orientation week. Almost everyday can see me walk in and walk out from HEP (Pusat Perkhidmatan Pelajar). Apply leave with school and waiting for school approval. The head of HEP even try to delay my time...submit my leave appliacation letter to school director on Wednesday and our expedition is start on Friday. That means I have to leave school by thursday. Then, I keep waiting for the chance to talk with the HEP head. And finally i got the chance to walk into his office and talk with him. He returned my letter and chop & sign with director's signature...stated -tidak diluluskan-. Oh no...I keep ask for his help and approve it for me. But, not success. That day, keep thinking the way to make him approve. I got think to give up...but I reali feel this reali golden opportunity for me...maybe just once in life. So many candidates and they even have to work very hard to pass a test to join this expedition. And i'm so lucky being selected but give up like this...i think i wil very angry myself. Maybe i will have the chance to go Gunung Tahan after this, but i think maybe no more chance to go Gunung Tahan with ODA already. After that, I'm so lucky i meet a lecturer and i ask for her opinion izit any way i can take so many days leave with school. She gave me some solution and I fast sms lao shi that time.

Finally, Hilux 8233 reached my school, take me out from school and gao dim everything. That time, I almost cry. I really cant believe i already come out from school with HEP 's approval. I really cant believe I already come out from school and going to depart to Gunung Tahan on that night. Everythings was so sudden and happening so fast. But i think the biggest mistake I have done is I have forgotten my family. My dad and mom even call me and ask me take good care myself at school there and must study hard there...that time I already at kota kemuning ODA's HQ. I cant afford to continue my conversation with my parents and quickly end the call. I'm crying badly after that. I start packing my backpack and thinking how to talk with my family bout i'm going tahan that night...start imagine my home big war after i back from Tahan.

After leave a msg for my sis...then the 8 days expedition was started. First few days, still okay, not that tired...but after that muscles started pain and being tired and more tired. But...all still able to joke, kidding, sing...still able to have fun no matter how tired u are...this la ODA!! All mentality were so strong and never give up or complaint how heavy their backpack...just continue walk and walk and walk. When i felt the backpack was heavy, but after saw all those seniors carry more heavy backpack, overload then just told myself..."where got heavy?? no matter how heavy ur backpack, u still have to move on..." This is how i push myself along the way. When river crossing, my leg terseliuh and reali feel pain. After that, still got 2 more river to cross...so scare that time...holding Pang's hand tightly. I reali so thankful to Pang...she always teach me a lot and take care me. Everytime flash back the moment we crossing river together...holding each other hand tightly...reali feel so touch and will cry.

I also want to thanks lao shi...without her, impossible i can go for this Gunung Tahan Expedition with ODA. Thanks trip leader, Meng Ruan...reali work so hard for make out a good planning. Thanks seniors Pang, andy always teach us a lot!! Fy, ss, yyj, pk...thanks for helping a lot and will never forget the time we cook, eat, walk, laugh together....all those are sweet memories that was so unforgettable. Reali thanks ODA so so much for give me the chance to join this expedition. I will never forget oda spirit and all of you. As what lfy said, nothing is big matter as we been to Tahan together...in Tahan 8 days together...this only the big matter. Thanks you all so much!! Gambateh ODA !!! ^^


-wen-

2 comments:

Kwee Hoon said...

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try one more time." By Thomas Edison. I think this is the motivation i have when i keep on insist you to go for any Pre-Tahan Training and finally Tahan Trip. I always tell myself, try to find solutions for one more time, sure got way out from the difficult situation.

"All our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them by ~Walt Disney~
Finally when we back from Tahan, I know My dream, ODA's dream and your dream have come true, cause we have COURAGE to pursue our Tahan dream and i hope you will always keep the Tahan courage with you in any situation you will face.

"Obstacles can't stop you. Problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. By~Jeffrey Gitomer~
You have succeed in 2009 ODA Tahan, and we know that there is no one have make you succeed, but is yourself who succeed it. You have choose 2009 ODA Tahan trip, and you are the one who make the trip happen to you. Congratulations to you!!!! What had happen after trip, or even have cost ODA to lose a good committee, i have no regret. Cause ODA will still keep on no matter who come in or who left. But i know that Tahan trip had created a huge impact to you and will have good impact to your life too. That's more important to ODA - After Tahan, the Tahan climbers turn to be even greater in their life.

At last, Thank You for the good companionship/private porter, care taker service on the 8 days trip. Each time i close my eye to think back Tahan scenes, you are always the 1st image appear in my memories and the good memories will always kept deep in my memories bank and heart. My sincere blessing to you in your life. All the best, good things will keep on happen to you cause you are good person.

Footprints of Erica said...

huay woon,
you know wat? i think u are very brave... i just cant imagine a little girl like u is so brave, so outgoing and so positive.. u really are someone! u don act like wat normal girls act! i'm totally impressed and salute of what u've done! i'm so happy to have you as a friend!