Saturday, December 05, 2009

Heavy Rain Korbu - Gayong Nov 27 - Dec 1

15 years later, once again revisit Gunung Korbu. Along the trail to Korbu, everything seems new to me..... I can't recall any of the remark, campsite, trail condition, until the moment we step on Gunung Botak. Finally I remember for once I was sleeping about 1 hour at Gunung Botak before we reach Gunung Korbu Peak due to fever.

Korbu, in my memory is always a challenging mountain after G.Tahan. The long distance terrains, river crossing, edges trail, cold weather, sand flies...it is tough mountain, but after a week came back from Korbu, I started to miss this mountain again. I remember I said that I would never want to go back to Korbu again, but as for this moment, suddenly I feel it wasn't that bad at all....
After trip impact.... heel skin and nails almost peel off, leeches bite still itch, muscle still tense, backpack, hiking shoes and hiking clothes still unable to dry and body still exhausted after a week...... off and on still feel cold and most of the time feel like want to skip shower..... but I keep on viewing the photos posted by Pooi Kuan on facebook and started to miss everybody - Misses Pooi Kuan constant snapping photo for each of us even she is in tiring condition as well, amazed by her to carry 4 x 1.5 liter bottle of water even we told her to reduce the load, but she insists to give it  a try; thankful to her by helping out lots of group leader's tasks on leading and organizing their group. For the next coming 6 months, I am for sure miss her much in ODA trip while Pooi Kuan is travelling around New Zealand to fulfill her DREAMS!!!!
Another thing that Amazed me along the trip was the loads hat carried by Han Yuk, Simpson and Vivian..... and yet their speed was amazing. On the last 2 day, no matter how hard I tried, I was unable to catch up with them. Luckily they always waited for us on every check point, to check on last group condition and then they will proceed FAST !!!!
My apologize to Wai Kit, Simpson, Vivian, Pooi Kuan, Jai Wong and Han Yuk - Which suppose we should camp at Camp Seroja on last night, but due to I've been walking slow and we have to set up at Camp Kijang and have caused each of you feasted by sand flies. After trip, I get to know that Simpson had to visit doctor for injection to get rid of the itches. I can imagine the funny look on Simpson face when he visited the doctor. Really enjoy having Simpson and Vivian along in the trip which they're always good partner to create lots of jokes no matter in what condition. 
Some of the Amazing and Joyful moments :- 
1) Han Yuk carry 4 Men Dome +  5 x 1.5 Liter of Water
2) Wai Kit once again perform his heroism of assisting the last person to reach the destination, but some how I still not able to get him to assist me when I am walking slow...hahaha
3) Chian Nii managed to reach each checkpoint although she is sleeping while hiking most of the time...
4) Bee Suan set up fire even though it is raining
5) Last Water Point assembly line of filling up water
6) Penguin style hiding under the flysheet at Camp Botak
7) 13 person + 13 Backpack loading on Hilux
Highlight of the trip.... Of course it the GOoooooaaaL bounce by Vivian on PST.....It's definitely THE GOAL OF THE YEAR!!! 

Personally, I do enjoy the moment when ODA speed up to chase back the lost hours after consumed  the Nescafe..... Sian Seong and Fu Yaw pushed themselves so hard until feel dizziness, Andy had to put on his knee guard, PST and ABS were following closely behind me. I feel thankful to each of them which they're making sure to be the 1st few to reach the Peak in raining condition to make sure flysheet and hot drinks been prepared for everybody. Next time, don't let me drink NESCAFE ya.... it will be another speeding moment...... most importantly, Thanks to each of you for watching my back, waiting for me and unload the items for me. I will make sure more suitable hiking shoes for myself in next mountain trip.
Heavy Rain at Korbu, is something we've expected - Overall, each of us have prepared well to face it. It's an enjoyable and interesting trip. In my heart, I do hope all of Korbu trip's members will once again try on Ulu Sepat, cause it's really great to hike with each of you. Korbu - Is among the G7 I enjoy a lot, Thanks for each of your present, Your Strong WILL POWER, GENEROSITY, HUMORS have once again added more color and joys in the trip. We will meet again - Stay Healthy, Happy and STAY Fit !!!!!     

2 comments:

pooikuan said...

lao shi, no need sorry, we all also tired when reached camp kinjang.

I sure will miss very moment in ODA trip too.However,dont miss me so much, i dont want my eyelash drop finish...haha(ppl always say that eyelash drop is due to missed by somebody..hahah)

WAI KIT said...

lao shi... agree with pooi kuan... no need say sorry... v all satu hati... masuk bersama... keluar bersama... tapi drink nescafe tak bersama... haha kidding...

lao shi... ME JUST HOPE THAT CAN HELP EVERYONE IN THE TRIP IF I CAN HELP... AND SORRY I AM SICK THAT TIME...