Sunday, December 27, 2009

Gunung Ulu Sepat (G7) Expedition


Gunung Ulu Sepat (G7) Expedition (17th - 20th Dec 2009)

What G7 Mean?? 1st I also don't know much about it.
G7 mean, 7 highest mountain in West Peninsular of Malaysia. Below is the List :-
- Gunung Tahan (7,175 ft)
- Gunung Yong Yap (7,113 ft)
- Gunung Yong Belar
- Gunung Korbu (7,162 ft)
- Gunung Gayong
- Gunung Chamah
- Gunung Ulu Sepat

Gunung Ulu Sepat is ODA last trip in 2009.
This trip it bring alot of meaning to ODA, because ODA finish the G7 in a year and I think many people can't do it. Complete G7..... I think this is many hiker dreams... G7 not an easy mount... We need to get ourself ready such mentality, fitness, fisical and self motivate.


Gunung Ulu Sepat,

This is my first and last mount for 2009. In this pass 2.5 year I didn't Join ODA for mount climbing and even didn't do any exercise. When Lao Shi called me for Ulu Sepat one of the G7. I really scare and make me can't sleep well for a week. Sometime I started imagine how the Ulu Sepat trail look like. Iz up up up or up down up and down. I also told myself everything will be alright. I need to do is make my mentality and fisical more strong and strong and said to myself that I can do it. That whole week night before I sleep I told myself that "I CAN DO IT" * 3.


Until the day come. I not been prepare myself. I make alot of mistake.... I didn't prepare my personal item / task such touch light, lighter, campaign knife and etc. This is a big mistake I had been make. I promise for up coming trips i will prepare myself well.


Day 1, After work I rush to Lao Shi house wait for Vivian came and fetch us. In the car we chit chat alot because long time didn't meet up with them and everyone look great. Lao Shi, PST,SSS, and FY waiting at Ipoh. After we meet up, we start the journey toward Tasik Temenggor. When reach Tasik temenggor we chit chat with each other and prepare supper. After that we take a rest at Jetty.


Day 2, Rainy Day, we all wake up very early in the morning and prepare the breakfast. I think we all get ready about 8.30 am in the morning and wait for the boat. We all wait and wait but the boat haven came. Lao Shi come out with the plan. If the boat didn't turn up then we will have to follow the Plan B. At last the Boat Turn Up and that time around 10am. Before we take a ride, all wearing the rain coat only Vivian naked. The journey take about 2 Hours to reach Kg. Ledah.


When we reach Kg. Ledah Jetty, the 4wd is waiting for us. We all fast fast load the backpack from boat to 4wd. We take about 30 min to reach Kg. Ledah. Lunch time...All hungry, we all faster prepare the lunch and take it, because Gunung Ulu Sepat is waiting for us. We all get ourself ready with the hiking shoes and the journey toward Ulu Sepat begin.


When on my way, I feel difficulty. The trail up and down. Fitness = X, but I trust myself, I Believe myself, I force myself, no matter what happen I need to continue to reach the peak (AIM). Slow or Fast? I believe, if we set a target or AIM we sure will make it. Must Trust yourself. This really important. Here, I want to Thanks Lao Shi and ODA member and give me support and alot of guidance.


At last, reach G's parent house and he treat us Ubi Kayu Bakar. Nice and you cannot taste it in town. When look at their house it really simple. All make from Bamboo tree and how lucky we are. Their breakfast, lunch or dinner all is Ubi Kayu Bakar. Please don't too choosy we are very lucky.


Day 3, From the campsite we toward Peak. Today is rainy day also. The trail more tough. I about 10 - 20 min behind from them, but ABS and FY give alot support and at last I make it to the Ulu Sepat Peak one of the G7.


Day 4, Is time to go home. We pack all our stuff. We still left some food like rice, oil, salt and etc. We pass it to the G. It look very happy and we know he very hard to get all the stuff and poor. We hope it can help him little :) . He is a good G. Really good and kind person.


About 1pm we reach Kg. Ledah and have our lunch. We are ready to go back. 4wd vroom... vroom... sound is hearing... All take the backpack to the 4wd. Then the 4wd start bring us to the Jetty, suddenly...Gong....we hearing something...Ops the Car is stuck... 1st we all come down and helping to push the car and it didn't work. After that all the orang asli come out and helping us. At last the 4wd back on the trail.


2 Hours boat journey begin. At the boat all already tired and fall in sleep. When reach Tasik Temenggor Jetty we all feel good and back to ipoh have our dinner.


At last,
I wanna say congratulation to :-
ODA Advisor, Miss Lim Kwee Hoon,
ODA President, Pang Siew Ting,
ODA Principal, How Fu Yaw.
Which Complete G7....

No comments: