Saturday, July 24, 2010

Gunung Datuk

Hi everyone! Cheryl here..

This trip is my 2nd ODA trip and I enjoyed this time more than the last.. Why?
1. No leaches bit me!! Unlike Alfred who was bitten in a very unlucky spot :P

2. No muscle aches after the trip!! After the first trip I couldn't climb down the stairs for two days!

3. I've already gotten to know most of the participants during my first trip at Bujang Melaka.

4. I managed to remember more names.... (poor memory.. Sorry Adrian for I kept calling you Arnold)

5. Very very nice campsite with river and this time we're allowed to play in the water!

6. Spent most of the night chit chatting and playing cards in the cool weather. And only 3 girls sleeping in the 4-men-dome. It's practically a bangalow!

7. The super scary trip up and down the ladder at the peak. Everyone was teasing Alfred for being afraid during his first climb up but truth to tell, my legs were also shivering as I made that climb. Thanks Sian Seong for encouraging me..

8. Sharing body heat. Hehe.. I bet you didn't know that body heat could be so soothing until we huddled together under the ground sheet like male penguins when hatching their eggs. Next time I must remember to bring my raincoat. Why in the world I took it out of my bag, I don't know. Well, lesson learnt!

Most of all, I don't think I would have enjoyed myself at all if it weren't for everyone. We all cooperated and helped each other which made everything so easy and fast. Watching how Monica get everyone to help out without giving orders really make me respect her. I hope I can be like that. Thanks Monica.
Thanks A Kit for driving us. It's amazing you can still drive a manual car through a slight jam after that long climb. Without dinner too! In fact you still had the energy to tell jokes and talked non stop all the way back. Sorry that I was knocked out. hehe..

I can't wait for the Yong Belar trip! Hope to see everyone there! Thanks!!

No comments: