Monday, July 26, 2010

Gunung Datuk July 17-18

My 2nd hiking experience, was of the same mountain.

On July 17 , I left sunway in groups of cheryl and yi ming. Anxiously travel to the gathering spot.
We arrived at Taman Bahagia LRT station to meet up with everyone else.

 The others came subsequently and we started our travel to Gunung Angsi.

What a disappointment when we reach there. We got restricted from climbing the hill due to unfavourable circumstances. The ODA committee makes a comclusive decision to conquer Gunung Datuk again. I was pretty excited, I definitely want to attempt the vertical ladder again.

When we arrived at Gunung Datuk. It was already nightfall. We camp beside the waterfall again. I manage to dip myself into the cold water this time. It was a brainfreeze experience. We ate maggi for dinner and ate junk food for supper.

The next morning we woke up and cook breakfast and lunch for our trip later.
We attempt Datuk around 11am. 2 hours later we reached the hilltop. It was cloudy when we arrived up there. We took our lunch and break for a moment. After sufficient rest, we climb to the peak. It was pretty misty up there. This time, I was calm. Unlike the first attempt early this year, I was shaking uncontrollably when I climb the ladder. I conquered my fear f height partially. It was awesome. Success is ringing in my head. I am so proud of myself.

When we was savouring the heights of Gunung Datuk. We were disrupted by the rain. Small droplets started with heavy rainfall subsequently. We descend the ladders and took shelter under a big rock. We kept our warmth by standing close to each other and cook water to keep our body temperature under control. After the rain slightly subsided, we started to hike down. It was icing when we left the shelter as there are strong gusts of wind. I manage to get hold of myself when we entered into the jungle.

I got out the Gunung Datuk about 3 plus. It was fun.
Thanks to ODA. This trip took out my mind from my hectic life.
Best of all, they help me to take control over my fear of heights.
Thanks to my group leader Monica, members Adrian, SSS, Yi Ming, Cheryl, Jai wong.
Thanks to Lao Shi, Ah Pang, Chianni and everyone else.
Thanks for remembering me when I was the quiet one. =)
Cheers everyone!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Since when were u the quiet one ah?