Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Yong Yap Trip

Yong Yap, my second G7 trip, leaves lots of memorable part in my life.

At first, I cannot participate in this trip due to some reason. But I still keep updating myself with the progress of this trip preparation. One night, I received lao shi’s message asking me whether still want to participate Yong Yap trip or not and my boss is ok with it. I was so shock and excited when received this message. I quickly ask permission from my grandmother and father. At first, both of them not allowed me to go with the reason I only discharged from hospital for few weeks only. I keep telling them very seldom to have this opportunity go to Yong Yap and I want to go. Finally, my grandmother allowed me to go with the condition I must drink all the soup that she cook for me later. That soup is cook from some Chinese medicine and is not nice to drink… My grandmother also helps me to persuade my father let me go. At last, I didn’t ask my father again, I just assume he allowed me to go. Hehe

The second part that I have deep impression is it’s been raining days for the whole days when we start proceed to the campsite. This is my second time to meet with rainy day in trip. The first time is when Sungai Dara trip with Lim’s family. But this time is totally different with last time. Last time we just walk for a while then will reached campsite. But his time we need to carry backpack and walk for about 5 or 6 hours to reach campsite. Along the way, I understand the power of determination and the importance of mentality prepared for each good or bad situation that we will face to. I keep telling myself to keep on moving no matter how tired I am. Everybody is keep on moving so that we can reached our campsite earlier, so how can I so selfish, only think of myself. We must always act as a TEAM!!!

River crossing is another part that I remember the most. When the first time I saw the trip planning, I got a little bit worry because there are about 30 river crossing. I am glad that I can experience river crossing for the first time. But another side I was scared of the river, I scared I will fell down in the river. Before river crossing, lao shi help each of us find a partner. One is with the experience and another don’t have so that the one have experience can help another when river crossing. Lao shi also teach us the way of river crossing and demo with Pang .I was pair up with Andy. He is nice and helpful. Each time he also helps me and wait for me when river crossing. Also didn’t forget Lao shi, Siew Ting, Chee Shen, Miing Rueng, Fu Yaw and Pooi Kuan who also helps me a lot when along the way.

Another part that I won’t forget also is when we on the way to the peak. The last 2 hours to reach is the toughest part for me in this trip. The trail is all the way up and full with mud. All around us is full with the mossy plant and the weather is cold. Luckily we made a right decision not to sleep at the peak. It starts raining at the last 2 hours before we reached peak. Me, Pooi Kuan and Andy keep moving without rain coat. But the more higher we move, the weather is colder with the rainy day. But finally I also reached Yong Yap peak safely and happily. Lao shi and Siew Ting is setting the flysheet while Chee Shen is cooking hot water for us. I start shiver…… After drink the hot water and wear rain coat, I still shivering. Even when I am eating, you can see my hand is also shivering. Lao shi start asking us to drink JD to let our body feel warm a bit. But my situation stills the same. Lao shi ask me to keep my hand warm at Siew Ting’s belly. But it doesn’t work for me. Lao shi take off her windbreaker for me to wear and hug me for a while to keep me warm. I feel better after this. After all of us reached peak and while we are eating the fried rice, we quickly take group photo and I start descend from peak. I feel better after I start moving, no more shiver. This is a part that I remember the most and I think I won’t forget it. Really thanks to everybody that helps me along the way to peak, especially Lao shi and Siew Ting. That night after we descend from peak, all of us sleep well at the campsite without disturb by agas.
Ps. Me and Lao shi disturb and kisses by agas previous night at campsite for the whole night

After we come down from Yong Yap, we stay a night at Cameron Highlands. That night, I think whole Cameron’s hotels are fully booked. We can’t get even a small room to stay. Finally we decide to sleep in the car. We get to park our car beside a golf field. We have a picnic at the golf field and all of us enjoy the picnic. We hang out until 3am only we sleep. I love the time that we hang out together after every trip. We talks about the trip. Each jokes, torture, small or big incidents… All this brings lots of memorable and fun part in my life.

Every small and big incident in this Yong Yap trip is meaningful for me. I will never get this experience without participate in mountain climbing. Although it is a tough trip for me, but it is fun and enjoyable trip too. Thanks to all the members - Lao shi, Siew Ting, Andy, Miing Rueng, Chee Shen, Fu Yaw and Pooi Kuan.

Thank You!! I love you guys so much...

No comments: