Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Gunung Datuk Trip

Hi, siew kee here. This is the second time I joined ODA in hiking activities. Before the expedition, I heard that we not need to carry bagpack up and down from the peak. That’s the reason why I joined.^^

In day 1, we departed from KL to Lubuk Petai campsite. We overnight at there. That night, I had tried something which I never do it before, such as drink water from river and also took bath in waterfall at night time. Really an amazing experience to me!!!

Day 2, we started our journey to Gunung Datuk. We took around 2 hours to reach the Gunung Datuk Peak campground and have our lunch there. After lunch, we departed to peak. Before that, I don’t know that I have high altitude fear. I felt like to give up when I realized that we need to climb up the staircase along the big rocks in order to reach peak. But that’s no point if I give up at that time because I’m close to peak already. So, I decided to continue my journey.

Finally, I manage to reach peak too. The scenery at peak is really nice. All tiredness and fearless disappear at that moment. Really worth it!!!

Last but not least, I want to thank to whoever assisted me in this trip, especially fu yaw, siew ting, Kenn and sian seong. I won’t be able to up and down from peak without assisting from u all. My group members, chee long, Kenn, ern hui, Alfred and Phei Ying, nice to meet u all. Thanks ODA to let me have a great experience.

Happy Chinese New Year to everyone!!


From: SiewKee

No comments: