Wednesday, October 29, 2008

2008 Oct 25th-27th Gunung Angsi Trip

This trip is a very meaningful and unforgettable trip for me. There are many first times happened in this trip. My first time being a trip leader, first time to Gunung Angsi, first time experience night walk, first time being feed watermelon by a new friend in front of so many people, first time my bag ate by rats...….

Before the trip, I always feel very doubt of myself whether I can organize this trip or not. But since I already an ODA now and being appointed by lao shi as trip leader, so I tell myself that I have to do it! Whether success or not, that is behind story, but I have to step out first.

My first step is to send out the invitation and start find participants. This is a very tough job for me. Those 2 weeks, everyday my first job is to check mail see whether there is any participant email me. Thanks god! There are 16 participants who register for the trip. Thanks for all the participants. Ok, I have passed my stage 1. Now comes the stage 2.

I start doing planning. Thanks for Lao Shi, Siew Ting, Miing Rueng, Andy and Fu Yaw. You guys help me a lots and I learn many things when I do the trip planning. You guys didn’t miser to teach me all your knowledge. Whenever I face any problem, you guys sure will tell me the proper way to do it and settle my problem. My stage 2 settled smoothly with the help of ODA.

Now, briefing day reached already. Along the way to Wangsa Maju, I keep repeating my speech in lao shi car. I spoke to myself in a low voice. Repeat Repeat and Repeat… I think for don’t know how many hundred times I repeat already. When we reach Metro View, some of the participant haven reached yet. So we set up the projector and arrange the chair. There are some participants who cannot attend for the briefing on that day. So we decide not to bring them to the trip. The briefing carries on smoothly on that day. Every participant looks excited and gets to know each other on that day. My stage 3 PASSED!

Finally, October 25th reached!!! Gunung Angsi, the name that I have listened to since Form 3. Today, I am going to explore you. When we reached Ulu Bendol Recreational Park is already night time. Me so excited because I will experience night walk tonight. Night walk is quite interesting and challenging as what I imagine before. But also dangerous and easy to make us lost. And we also can’t see the trail very clearly like day time, so every step also needs to be careful. After we reached Kak Lang Campsite, everybody starts to prepare for our dinner, spaghetti. My group members are all funny girls and boys, Vivian, Tata, Eng Boon, Pooi Kuan, Chue Leng, Andy and me. And my group members are all very clean and tidy person. All the messtin, cup, spoon, chopsticks need to wipe before use, especially Tata. Tata brings a lot of fun to our group. He talks many cold jokes and make us laugh. He is a very funny guy. And he feed me eat watermelons!! I thought he only jokes to me… That night all of us are having fun at Kak Lang. But I didn’t sleep well on that night because there are so many agas bites me!!! Until now I still feel very itchy.

A big surprise waiting me in the second day morning….

I walked up and want to open my backpack to take the box for gas lamp. My backpack is lean on the pondok, so I put it straight and want o open it. Wahhh….. I can’t believe it. My backpack has a hole on it and there are many ants on it. I see properly. The ants are eating my corn... At that moment, I feel so sad and depress. That is my first backpack. And the backpack is Siew Ting help me deal with her friend. It’s very meaningful to me…I likes that backpack so much. Now think of it my heart still feel very painful. Then lao shi told me is ate by rats, not ants. I hate the rats. After that the whole day when I see of my backpack, my mood will be down. But luckily when I carry my backpack, I can’t see the holes. So I didn’t think so much already when breakfast and along the way to peak.

Angsi peak is different to other mountain peak that I have been gone before. One side of the peak can see the Seremban Town; another side can see other mountain’s view. The sunset is very beautiful with people standing and taking photo there. Hehez… So romantic. That night at peak is a wonderful night, we having tea, chatting about the buy peanut and wash hair story. That night I sleep very well.

The last day morning is a good weather. When we are preparing our breakfast, there is one guy walk in the peak and say hello with us. lao shi say that guy’s body looks like the Banting police Tan. I look properly… really got 80% look like him except for the hair. Today afternoon that Police Tan came to office again and make me think of that guy at the peak… When reached Kak Lang Camp site, we bath at there. That is one of the biggest enjoy for me in this trip. The water is warm and I can bath and play water here. Can you imagine when your body is sticky and full with sweat smell, then you steep inside the natural water there…. Wow, that’s so great!!

Along the way back to KL, all of us in Hilux enjoying and talking story about our trip. I like this feel. This is like after we accomplish our mission, we sharing what we saw in this trip and tell our story. Then you will find out that what you do is in everybody’s eye, are just we choosing to keep it or say it out.

Before farewell, we have a great meal at KL. There are 3 of the dishes is pork. I think participants look us is like one group people who already long time didn’t eat pork. Therefore order so much pork. I enjoy this meal and the feel we having meal together. This is the only one time all of us eat together among this 3 day. All of us feels like not willing to go back although already finish eat. Still sitting there and chatting.

This trip brings lots of fun, knowledge, sweet and sour memory to me. I am having fun when chatting with you guys. I learn lots of things from all of you guys. From you guys, I see many things that I never see before and learn many things that I don’t know before.

At last, I wish all of you will learn something in this trip and always remember the fun in this trip. Happy and healthy always. Hope to see you all again in the future. Thanks

No comments: