Friday, August 24, 2012

My Trip to Gunung Tahan 2012


Written by Ang Sim Mei
Gunung Tahan the highest in Peninsular Malaysia, 7173Ft’, 2187m. I never ever think I have a chance or I have this brave to step at there. Every time that I spend there with you all to reach there still stick in my mind, feel very enjoy. So amazing.  Night dreaming still can smile but I didn't know how to voice out.
I still remember before this trip, once I free I will open ODA Facebook to see weather have any trip to go after my last trip to Gunung Batu Putih. I miss out the trip to Gunung Nuang.  But lastly I am so happy to get a call from Lau Si, but make me a little so surprise when in conversation, asking 4 or 5 day hiking trip. !!!(“_”)??? Wah, never think go so long hiking trip, out of my mind, but since already set go for hiking trip, I accept this chance, no matter go anywhere, any trip, stay there relax there. After put down the call, I start thinking, did I really talk to Lau Si just now, and on the trip? 5 day? Did ABS go, who eles I can meet this time? Many other member better than me, why call me?  My physical ok ma? Should I call back to reconfirm? Leave approved or not approved how? Many question in my mind.
First, apply leave, OH YES!  My leave approve I am so happy, massage Lau Si told her my leave is approved!!!  With my this happy feeling, I go back told my mom that I want go hiking and so fast my mom agree with a good mood with less asking.”Wau, that is a good start” (^-^)~    I think, and one of my friends will go KK for hiking, so is a good chance for me to follow them go training and exercise.
Later before 2 week I get schedule from ODA, my happiness become more kan chong, cause in whole trip I and the other boy is non-ODA member. Other member name macam kenal kenal sahaja. Open FB checking, as last can know the trip member before hiking. The more scare I feel.  I feel like I still many thing not yet packing. Double checking and double check!!!  (>.<)
The day was coming; we all have to gather at Lau Si house. The week before I go search Lau Si house lastly I found it, but still lost on the way to Lau Si house that day (*@*). When I reach Lau si house, Ah Phang told me to list down the all the thing I bring, Double checking the entire thing again. That time I see all people are busy, I didn’t know what I help I can do, I just stick myself with Bee Suan.Lastly we all finish the preparation; we pack all the backpack into Lau Si car, start our driving trip to Pahang ranger office. The checking process, all the thing need to take out and repack. I feel that time is I terbalik my back also I know what I bring. After check in, we prepare our lunch; all so happy still can eat papaya. After the 4x4, lastly we really have to start our step. Of Cause before the step, sure we have a photo. Thanks to Chok Ping you take very nice picture. (^.^)
Day 1, the ways to Kem Kor have to cross river. We all cross the river and reach safety. The kem site have river of course, we all take a change to take bath.Haha…But night raining can’t stay at outside longer, so fast we sleep a really.
Day 2, Kem Kor to Permatang, Permatang to Kubang, take lunch has to search place to cook. Limited space. After lunch continue to Kubang.  So nice we all reach Kubang early still have a chance to have a high tee, orange juice. Then we take bath, water point is very far. We prepare dinner, porridge so nice. Then we rest, talk talk, prepare our breakfast tomorrow. Lucky we prepare early, that day raining early then tomorrow, and the sign of raining is so scary, mist coming so fast. Talking inside the dome.
Day 3, weak up same time like yesterday time, but the weather like still late maybe because of yesterday raining. But didn’t know because of raining, the muddy trail from Kubang to Belumut look like more muddy. And after we lunch, we continue to Botak. And it started to be very hot. Feel our muddy shoes can be dry a little bit. After the Belumut to Botak, along the way, the habitat started to change, because last time we study in geography or biology I can feel the different like the book said. The way we are getting near, I feel so existed, feel the sun burn. The hotter at the morning site, sure the more cool the night site. After take bath, we dinner so fast. And we took a break walk around together with photo around the Botak. Look at the right higher side and think after tomorrow we are reach peak. Because of our discussion to reach peck tomorrow morning to wake up early, so we will have a nice and relax at Botak for a long time to rest there. This night still the same, raining also. But at night after raining I and Chian Nii come out for toilet, the sky full with star, look shinning and big. Feel so, Wah!!!
Day 4, fill like don’t want wake up. Cold!!! We breakfast, we pack our thing. Start our way to peak with torch light. Wahl!!! Lastly we reach to Pack and we stay a quite long time, Siocknya but cold over there, didn’t feel want take out my jacket and long pant and I hide myself to one side that not so windy and can see the good view there. I feel so cold and freezing until I can’t smile properly. But that moment no longer so enjoy because I don’t think I have a chance again to come more and more time like that with the nice and good friends. Good time always end so fast, we have to say good bye to this place. Pack our heart and backpack,and this time start from Botak to the Kem Kor (@_@). 
Along the way back, of course we are not forgotten to pack back our rubbish that we left on day 2 and day 3.Lastly we reach kem site. This night we gather and talk quiet long long time.
Day 5, we back like our 1st day way. Feel like don’t want going back. Don’t know why feel like this way back so long, may be because of yesterday too tired so today walk a little bit slowly. But slow slow also reach de. Actually along the way, this 6 day trip, I still thinking, why I have a chance can go, can join them. Hope I didn’t burden them my attitude not make anybody have hard feeling. I take this change to say “Sorry” to you all if I did anything wrong.
Along this trip, the happiest is, I get a call from you “Lau Si”. Cause if other member calls me to go, I maybe still has hesitation. I feel like I get ensure form you all. I have to thank Bee Suan, because of you, I get to know ODA again. Why I said again, because last time when I am study at TARC, I been looking you all back packing and gather there so I go to college to look after all the society to search this hiking society. Lastly also can’t find, it like mystery in my mind. Now can join you all go hiking to Tahan I more happy ever than others. Again and again I want to thank you all, Thank You ODA, Thank You Lau Si because you all, you color my life, beside my life in study, working, I learn other outdoor spirit and knowledge. ”The chance always is ready to someone that is always ready”. So I still learning and get prepare myself, hopefully I don’t  take too long time in learning. (^-^)~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can i know how your team settle the tent?

u buy or rent from someone...?